Thursday, September 17, 2009

JUST MORE INCONSISTENCIES

I went to visit my grandson yesterday and his two year old sister at the CPS office. I arrived there at my scheduled time 0830. When I got there the two kids were sitting with someone that I had never seen in the lobby. Because of all that has happened, I didn't approach them, however the two year old did come over to me and I gave her a hug. The person that she was there with told her that she didn't know who I was, and I assumed that meant not to come close to me. At 0845 I went back up to the window and told the attendant that the social worker had not come out to "monitor" my visit. Usually we go into one of the visiting rooms with one of the social workers or someone who is an employee there. At 0900 I went back up to the window and asked that the supervising social worker be called. He did come out and said that he didn't know what was going on and that he couldn't find the social worker on our case. At 0920 I was finally taken to one of the visitation rooms with a "monitor" who is someone that I have seen there before and talked with before.

Subsequently the social worker on our case did come in to the visitation room and informed me that my visit had started out in the lobby but that the girl that the kids were with wasn't aware that she was supposed to monitor the visit. I was informed that she is the daughter of the foster mother.

First of all, I don't need to be monitored, especially by people who are so incompetent. The same kind of thing had happened last week, when I went to visit at my scheduled time of 1230 and the kids weren't there. No one knew what was going on. The social worker on the case couldn't be reached, the supervising social worker was in "training" and the "worker on duty" knew nothing about this visit. I was standing in one of the rooms, when I saw the kids get out of a car at 1300, a half an hour late.

So my question, as always is: how can such an incompetent agency have so much power over children?

No comments:

Post a Comment